The Christchurch Mosque Shootings

OnΒ  the evening of March 15, 2019, two terrorist attacks happened only 15 minutes apart in the same city. The gunman livestreamed the first shooting on Facebook Live. The gunman, Brenton Tarrant, is suspected to be the author of “The Great Replacement” the 73 page manifesto talks about how the attacks were planned 2 years ago and the locations were chosen 3 months ago. He killed a total of 50 people and another 50 were injured, the victims were between ages 3 – 77. The cops found 5 guns at the scene; 2 semi-automatic guns w/ modified magazines, 2 Shotguns, and a lever-action rifle.

Since then the government has proposed ban on semi-automatic firearms. If this passes they might do an semi-auto gun buy back. In the U.S. we had 28 school shootings and we still haven’t reformed our gun laws. I am from a country town but it was out of control. I think we should have laws that either don’t let children handle guns, require guns to be locked up with minors in the house, or have people take a mental health exam to buy a gun. I went to a gun show last week and my dad bought a .38 revolver in like 15-20 minutes. It shouldn’t be that easy to a deadly ranged weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_mosque_shootings